Climbing the Arlberg: 365 days of climbing fun
Wide range of outdoor and indoor climbing activities in and around St. Anton
Climbing the Arlberg has a long tradition just like mountaineering. In the mountains around St. Anton, you can expect numerous via ferrata, several climbing areas and a challenging high ropes course. Boulder fans and year-round ice climbers are at the right place in the climbing hall arl.rock in St. Anton.
"Challenge accepted" is what every mountain friend probably thinks in the face of the three thousand metre high peaks of the Arlberg. In St. Anton, there is no stopping climbing fans: Whether beginner or expert, the breathtaking experience for young and old finally becomes a reality accompanied by an experienced mountain guide. Here are the best tips for your climbing holiday on the Arlberg!
Outdoor climbing on the Arlberg: sport at high altitudes
The best time to explore the via ferrata, the climbing walls and the high ropes course in St. Anton is between June and October. We present you one of the top five climbing trails in the Alps and offer you all important links so that you can check all the climbing offers in detail.
The Arlberg via ferrata: Top five vie ferrate in the Alps
The 3 km long climbing tour that leads up to an altitude of 2,500 m is one of the most demanding, but undoubtedly the most beautiful tour in the Alps. Steep walls, jagged rocks and sporty cliffs not only require climbers to not be afraid of great heights, but also to have the best climbing equipment.
- Entry from the Vallugagrat cable car station or from the Kapall mountain chairlift
- Time: four to six hours depending on the weather and level of fitness
- Safety: 2,000 m steel rope, 1,050 rope clips, 500 hooks
- A mountain guide is recommended!
Climbing area Schnanner gorge: climbing next to a thunderous torrent
Striking walls challenge all climbers high above the foaming torrent! All tours are secured. In addition to the climbing area in the gorge, you can climb to your heart’s content in the boulder area with five walls.
- 42 routes
- Difficulty level 3-9
- 3 pitches
- Boulder walls
Climbing areas around the Darmstädterhütte in St. Anton
Around the DAV hut, you can expect climbing areas with a total of 58 routes. On the website www.climbersparadise.com/regionen/st-anton-am-Arlberg, you will get all the detailed information for planning your climbing adventure.
Verwalltal high ropes course near St. Anton
Climbing fun for young and old, high above the banks of the Rosanna: About six metres above the ground, a course with eight stations is waiting for you. Climbing on rope ladders, in freely suspended stirrups and rope slings requires courage, concentration and endurance. At the high ropes course, you will be accompanied by professional guides.
- Registration for the high ropes course adventure on +43 5446 2625
- Discounted rates with the St. Anton Summer Card
Indoor climbing on the Arlberg: climbing hall arl.rock St. Anton
- 365 days of climbing fun each year: this is what you can expect at the modern indoor climbing centre with indoor and outdoor area in St. Anton am Arlberg. Since its opening in 2008, approximately 1,000 m² of climbing surface attract climbing and bouldering fans. Even ice climbing is possible all year round! All the details here:
- About 100 climbing routes
- Difficulty level 3-10
- 600 m² lead climbing, 130 m² bouldering area, max. 18 m route length
- Via ferrata on the 17 m high tower
- Ice climbing in summer
- Opening times Mon-Fri 9 a.m. to midnight, Sat und Sun 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Address Sportpark arl.rock Bahnhofstraße 1, St. Anton am Arlberg Tel.: +43 5446 26259 Website: www.arlrock.at