Family-run hotel in St. Anton
“Next generation”: Barbara and Mathias Kometer, your hosts at the Hotel Sonnbichl
Roswitha Kometer is queen of the kitchen and siblings Barbara and Mathias her successors. Mathias has operated the sister Pension Der Steinbock since 2005 and Barbara is to be seen at the Hotel Sonnbichl. Get to know your friendly hosts better!
It’s wonderful if the next generation is committed to the traditional warm hospitality at the Tyrolean Arlberg! At the Hotel Sonnbichl and the well-being pension Der Steinbock, two generations of your host family Kometer work together – you can enjoy this during your holiday in a pleasant way.
Mathias Kometer: host from day one
Mathias is a real "pub child" experienced life at the hotel from his childhood. So it is hardly surprising that his open and friendly nature inspires all guests. His career:
- Completion of secondary school.
- Three years of training at hotel management school Bludenz.
- After completing his training at the hotel school, he always spent the winter months in St. Anton, in the summer he gained gastronomic experience abroad: Côte d'Azur, Bermuda, Texas.
- Training to become a certified massage therapist in Graz, several years' experience
- 2005 Acquisition of the well-being pension Der Steinbock in St. Anton in a 300 year old farmhouse that has been owned by the family for decades.
- 2012 Austrian Sommelier examination: Mathias' great passion is wine.
Barbara Kometer: hostess with online and offline experience
Like her brother, Mathias' sister Barbara grew up in a gastronomic environment. She also discovered her passion for guests from all over the world very early on. Barbara's career:
- Completion of secondary school
- Five years of training at hotel school with A-levels in Bludenz
- International experience on the Cote d'Azur
- experience Lech am Arlberg
- Nine years as chief receptionist at Skihotel Galzig, St. Anton
- 2012 Training to become an Online Marketing Manager
In good hands: Hotel Sonnbichl and Pension Der Steinbock
Roswitha Kometer, senior manager in Sonnbichl – you can learn more about her on the restaurant web pages – is proud that her two children have taken over the business. With a wink, she says:
"Yes, I am so proud of them. I've probably done something right!"
Visit the adults hotel Sonnbichl in St. Anton – on your next summer or winter holiday at the Arlberg.
Send your non-binding inquiry now!