Mountain biking in Tyrol between pastures & ice
Mountain Bike Transalp, mountain bike tours in St. Anton and Arlberg Giro bicycle racing event
When mountain biking in Tyrol, a cosy and simple base camp guarantees sporting success and maximum relaxation. Our Hotel Sonnbichl in St. Anton is located at the starting point of the Mountain Bike Transalp and numerous mountain bike trails on the Arlberg. And, if you like, you can watch the Arlberg Giro live!
As a genuine biker accommodation, Hotel Sonnbichl offers many services that inspire racing cyclists and mountain bikers. You can start your sporty holiday with a carbohydrate-rich breakfast and find relaxation after your mountain bike tour in the small relaxation area with sauna. We have summarised all the details for you!
Biker accommodation three-star Hotel Sonnbichl in St. Anton
Your favourite sport – our passion! Our offer for cyclists and mountain bikers:
- Lockable bike storage
- We offer you a possibility for cleaning your bike
- Free jersey service: return used jerseys on arrival – get them back freshly washed the next day
- Free parking during your Transalp tour
Mountain biking in Tyrol: MTB trails in St. Anton am Arlberg
Whether beginners, advanced bikers and professionals with a high level of sporting requirements: The 200 km marked mountain bike trails in St. Anton offer the right challenge for each level. By the way, an incredible 3,800 km of mountain bike trails are waiting to be discovered in the whole of Tyrol!
- 200 km designated, marked mountain bike trails
- Start of all routes at ARLBERG-well.com (1.8 km from Hotel Sonnbichl, about 4 min)
- Forest, meadow, gravel and asphalt tracks
- Easy, challenging and steep routes
- Interactive map
Mountain bike trails in St. Anton: eight trails with description
Explore a total of eight mountain bike trails starting in St. Anton:
- Stanzertaler Radweg
- Konstanzer Hütte-Heilbronner Hütte
- Darmstädter Hütte
Free bike transport with the Rendlbahn cable car – Tips for MTB Rookies
Being able to take the bike up the mountain with the Rendlbahn cable car is particularly attractive especially for mountain bike beginners. Once at the top, start your very comfortable mountain bike tour. The Rendlbahn will transport your bike for free!
Bike hire and guided mountain bike tours in St. Anton
You can rent your bike or e-bike for a small fee at Alber Sport, which is only a few metres away from Hotel Sonnbichl. Also on the programme of the sports retail business: guided mountain bike tours and bike service. E-bikes can also be booked at the reception of Hotel Sonnbichl.
Dorfstraße 23, 6580 St. Anton am Arlberg
Telephone: +43 5446 3400
Online bike rental: select and book your bike now !
Arlberg bike marathon – part of the Arlberg Adler Triathlon competition
The third and last part of the Arlberg triathlon Der Arlberg Adler starts every year in August. 41 arduous kilometres with 1,400 m of altitude difference put sporty bikers through their paces. Of course, you can also participate in the Bike Marathon without completing the other two competitions (Der Weiße Rausch and Arlberger Jakobilauf).
Mountain Bike Transalp: from St. Anton to Lake Garda
This exceptional mountain bike tour takes you through spectacular mountain landscapes, up to the glacier regions and unique single trails down to Lake Garda. The highest mountain passes of all Transalp routes and the most difficult paths await those who want to attempt this unique challenge.
- 12,000 m of altitude difference
- 327 km
- 4 ½ days travel time
Mountain biking in Tyrol: Transalp with mountain bike or racing bicycle
Start the ultimate bike adventure at Hotel Sonnbichl in St. Anton: Here you will find your base camp for getting ready for the Transalp mountain bike tour, which, by the way, is completed by many riders with a racing bike. Train for the Transalp with a day tour and enjoy the biker-friendly atmosphere at our family hotel!
Road Racing in St. Anton am Arlberg
Especially for your training we have assembled exclusive racing bicycle tours:
- Bodenseetour: track length 98,4 km; minimum height 398 m; maximum height 1.791 m; overcome height (uphill) 877 m
- Silvrettarunde: track length 148,2 km; minimum height 577 m; maximum height 2.034 m; overcome height (uphill) 2.608 m
- Piller Tour: track length 114,4 km; minimum height 713 m; maximum height 1.565 m; overcome height (uphill) 1.560 m
- Hahntennjochrunde: track length 135,4 km; minimum height 732 m; maximum height 1.889 m; overcome height (uphill) 2.427 m
- Kaunertaler Gletschertour (Hinfahrt): track length 78,6 km; minimum height 787 m; maximum height 2.737m; overcome height (uphill) 2.134 m
Arlberg Giro: event for racing bicycle fans from around the world
ImThe Arlberg Giro in St. Anton took place for the fourth time in summer 2014: About 1,400 participants from around the world attempted the 148 km long racing bike route with 2,400 m of altitude difference to contend with. Another highlight: the Profi-Kriterium in St. Anton – the super sports spectacle on the narrow circuit in St. Anton.
Whatever you plan doing when mountain biking in Tyrol: with a stay at the three-star Hotel Sonnbichl in St. Anton, you have already found the best starting position!
Send your non-binding inquiry right away!